FLEXSEAL COUPLINGS AND BUSHES
Flexseal shear banded couplings are specifically designed to connect and repair pipes on adopted sewer and drainage applications. The stainless steel central band protects the joint under shear loads and helps to keep the joining pipes aligned, helping to prevent pipe displacement. They are especially handy for emergency applications whereby a quick connection is required.
Connecting different size pipes
- Shear Banded Couplings have the ability to connect two pipes with the same or similar outside diameter (OD), and also the flexibility to accommodate small differences in pipe ODs.
- When the pipe ODs are outside of the limitations of a Shear Banded Coupling, ‘Bushes’ can be used to make up the annual space between the smaller pipe OD and the Shear Banded Coupling
The items are available with a stainless steel central band, which protects the joint under shear loads and helps to keep the joining pipes aligned, helping to prevent pipe displacement. Standard couplings we have stocked in the past have not had this steel band.
- The coupling is simple to install and can be tightened with a screwdriver.
- A full range of ‘bushes’ are available, which are used when pipe outside diameters are significantly different
- Withstands an internal pressure of up to 2.5 bar
- Stainless steel shear band prevents pipe displacement
- Less excavation compared to replacing a whole length of pipe
- Suitable for private and public sewers
Flexseal operate Environmental Management Systems which are certified to ISO 14001: 2015
Standards and Approvals
- The Standard Coupling range is approved to AS/NZS 4327-1995 “Metal-banded flexible couplings for low-pressure applications”
- WSAA appraised PA 1829
- WaterMark licence WMKT22225
- OceanaMark certified OMK22225
Handling & Storage
Installation & Testing
Frequently Asked Questions
Other OTHER PRODUCT SYSTEMS products you may like…
Want more information?
Speak with one of our expert sales engineers today.